5) You may be asked to do something or may be required to do something that you may not think is the right choice or even a good idea. You must be willing and ready to do these things without asking or knowing why they need to be done, and without hesitating to do them.
6) You may be given multiple tasks to handle and all of them need to be completed which can sometimes interfere with your personal schedule or social life even.
7) Moderators on every website endure stressful situations on a daily basis and have to be able to mentally focus and complete tasks while not cracking under the pressure of stress. This is sometimes the most challenging aspect to being a moderator.
8) Can you remain as positive as humanly possible even during the most stressful situations and carry yourself in a manner that’s respectable and dignified? It’s human nature to become negative and give up hope in stressful or difficult times which all moderators face eventually. Those instincts must be controlled which require a lot of discipline.
9) Not everyone agrees on everything all the time and sometimes feelings can become an issue that generates conflict between user and mod. If a user says something that’s offensive, mods must be able to not take the statements personally to the best of their ability and is expected to respond to every situation in a fair, unbiased manner regardless of personal feelings. If a user harasses a mod or is even passive aggressive towards one, the mod is instructed to either disable the chat or suspend the user based on the severity of the statements made but must never take the statements personally. (more…)Read More