5) You may be asked to do something or may be required to do something that you may not think is the right choice or even a good idea. You must be willing and ready to do these things without asking or knowing why they need to be done, and without hesitating to do them.
6) You may be given multiple tasks to handle and all of them need to be completed which can sometimes interfere with your personal schedule or social life even.
7) Moderators on every website endure stressful situations on a daily basis and have to be able to mentally focus and complete tasks while not cracking under the pressure of stress. This is sometimes the most challenging aspect to being a moderator.
8) Can you remain as positive as humanly possible even during the most stressful situations and carry yourself in a manner that’s respectable and dignified? It’s human nature to become negative and give up hope in stressful or difficult times which all moderators face eventually. Those instincts must be controlled which require a lot of discipline.
9) Not everyone agrees on everything all the time and sometimes feelings can become an issue that generates conflict between user and mod. If a user says something that’s offensive, mods must be able to not take the statements personally to the best of their ability and is expected to respond to every situation in a fair, unbiased manner regardless of personal feelings. If a user harasses a mod or is even passive aggressive towards one, the mod is instructed to either disable the chat or suspend the user based on the severity of the statements made but must never take the statements personally.
10) Zero-Tolerance is a policy that requires the same disciplinary action to be given regardless of who is involved in a dispute or any personal objections a moderator has. All parties that violate the rules and Terms of Service are given the same disciplinary action in order to be fair an unbiased.
11) You’ll be required to help users as well as resolve disputes, often at the same time. You’ll have to rely on your communication skill in order to succeed in resolving both situations and any other issue that may require it. Without good communication skill, users won’t understand what you’re trying to convey to them which should be clear, precise, and direct.
12) Moderators in Wireclub are helpful and supportive in nature which is the top requirement for becoming a moderator on this site. The ability to help people is something that all mods do long before they become moderators and is one major aspect taken into consideration when a user applies to become one. Wireclub places helpfulness among it’s top priorities and is what makes our site special and unique. You may be required to help a user that you may dislike personally, could you still offer assistance to them if they needed it without any personal feelings getting in the way?
13) You may be given tasks that need to be done as soon as possible. It could be for various reasons but they require effort in most cases to be completed. You will be depended upon at all times to handle many issues like these and is a big aspect in moderation.